Why is it different?
What does it do?
Cyclopentasiloxane (hydration), Dimethiconol (hydration/texture-enhancing), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (emollient), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (hydration/skin replenishing), Phenyl Trimethicone (hydration), Squalane (emollient), Bisabolol (skin-soothing), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Retinol (skin-restoring/antioxidant), Tocotrienols (vitamin E-based antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Lecithin (skin-restoring), Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract (kelp extract/skin-soothing), Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (oat extract/skin-soothing), Elaeis Guineensis Oil (palm oil/skin replenishing), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate (skin-soothing), Hexylene Glycol (hydration), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservatives), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
How To Use
Smooth a few drops onto face, neck and eye area before moisturizing (or use alone). For optimal results, use AM and PM. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater.
- Wonderful! Buying my 2nd bottle Review by LLP
- This retinol serum is perfect for my skin. I use it at night after the resist cleanser and toner. It works wonders on my fine lines and makes my skin soft and smooth. I can defiantly see and feel a difference (not so good) in the morning if I skip using it before bed. I love the results so much that I thought I'd try the clinical retinol. I'm very happy that I only purchased the trial size bottle because that didn't work out so well for me, it irritated my skin making it tight, sore, red and made my skin peel. Maybe I used too much at once or something? So for now I'm sticking with this awesome product and I'm purchasing my 2nd bottle of resist retinol serum and when that's gone I'll buy another. Oh, and I can't forget the bonus...Paula's products are not tested on animals (as I'm sure you already know) Thank you Paula. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Best Retinol ever Review by Hypefine
- I've tried other products from 20.00 drugstore to hundreds of dollars cosmeticueticals. This is the best I've ever used. I bought it on sale and 3 days of using it has already improved my skin texture. I'm 37, African American with complicated skin that is getting freckles as I age. My makeup applies more smoothly with this product underneath my sunscreen-which is a side bonus. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Phenomenal Review by OkCourt
- This is my first time using a retinol product and I am in love! I use PC products exclusively and my skin has never looked better. I alternate using this serum at night (2x a week now and will increase to maybe 3-4) with the Resist Antioxidant serum. It is a thicker serum, which doesn't bother me, and sinks into skin within a couple minutes. It is too soon to see major changes, but so far so good! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Great Product Review by GG51
- Decided to try this product, noticed my chin area was rough and starting to look a little pitted. I have used it for a month, and have seen results. Skin is smooother, and chin looks better already. I haven't had any skin irritation or problems at all. Was actually surprised to see the other comments, that woman have had issues. I am also using the 10% resist weekly treatment. I use it 3 or 4 times a week. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Gorgeous Results Review by Nick
- Have gotten beautiful results from using this serum. My skin is prone to mild breakouts, but using this serum they are now almost non existent, a big bonus is also waking up every morning to glowing skin!I use it almost every night.Have Tried the clinical 1% retinol and that was a bit to potent for me while this one delivers fantastic results with no kick back for me. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- I'm Loving This Serum Review by dianeincanada
- I've never used a Retinol product like this one before. I love love love this product - everything from the great packaging to the wonderful silky texture this serum has - almost like a light oil - it's hard to describe but it goes on beautifully and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Other Retinol products I've used have caused dryness and flaking, but not this one. I've been using it twice a day right after the Beta Hydroxy 1% exfoliator. I follow it up in the daytime with a paula's moisturizer with sunscreen. Excellent product. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- I love th his product Review by Carmela
- This is the most amazing product I have ever used. A little drop is enough to make my skin so soft and nourished. I don't know if it really helps wrinkles, I assume this takes time, and I just started using it. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Holy Grail Retinol Review by gotthetravelbug
- I have tried other retinol products for almost a year before trying this. I had to discontinue all of the others because they dried out my skin and made my skin look worse!! This retinol is different! I started out using this two nights a week over toner, then three nights and now I use this four nights a week over toner and under moisturizer- sometimes moisturizer with two drops of Resist Vitamin C Booster or sometimes moisturizer with two drops argan oil. The next day my skin looks firmer, brighter, pore size looks smaller and my skin generally looks healthier. For me, this is a very important part of my anti-aging skin care routine!! I should add that I do not use my AHA on nights I use this. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Great Product! Review by wine gal
- I have been using Paula's Choice products for two years now. This resist retinol serum is part of my morning and night routine. It is fantastic. It has significantly reduced my pores - and I have had large pore issues since I was a teenager. It does go on with a rather thickish shine but that goes away in minutes or when you put the sunscreen on over it. It does not make my face shine and I have a tendency towards oily skin. I have never had a problem with the pump. In fact it twists closed and I have taken it on many airplane trips without any leakage. This is by far my favorite Paula's choice product for retinol reducing pores and wrinkles and making my skin soft. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Favorite product ever! Review by Jenfah
- I am 55, post-menopausal, with very dry skin now. It took me about a month to notice the difference this and the exfoliant were having together. Deep lines where my chins start were noticeably diminished. Another month and they had almost disappeared. I use the Resist line because it feels so good and works so well for me with the Intensive Repair Cream. People I work with are always surprised when they find out how old I am, usually guessing 10-15 years younger. I'm totally comfortable with my age, but delighted my skin doesn't show it ; ) (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Love it! Review by Running from wrinkles
I love this serum. I stopped using it after I bought Paula's retinol treatment but I missed it too much and now use both. This serum makes my skin look amazing! I feel soothed, pampered and protected after using it. I mix it with the recovery serum, the retinol treatment and the 25% vitamin C spot treatment. I mix it all together and slather it on.
(Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Luxurious product Review by Marigoldsmom
- Thank you Paula for what you have done for all of us. I have followed your makeup advice since the 90's and read your books. I am grateful that my skin looks so good for my 65 years. I grew up in South. Fl in the 50s and basked in the sun using iodine and baby oil. About 6 years ago I began better skin care with another well known line formulated by an oriental doctor. And it did well enough, but was very expensive and somewhat irritating. Now, with your products, most of the darker areas are faded, my skin looks bright and clear and dewy. I love your retinol products. My skin is a bit delicate but used as recommended, I rarely have discomfort. Thank you for effective packaging, reasonable prices, and products that do not disappoint. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Hey, this works for me! Review by Perk
- I'm 77 years old, and you know I need all the help I can get! I use this serum once daily , usually in the evening, and Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum, usually in the morning. I have dry skin, but creams make me break out if used over time. At times I add boosters, a retinol treatment, or an exfoliant. Nothing's going to remove all my wrinkles short of surgery, but these serums soften my skin and minimize the appearance of wrinkles. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Fantastic for my mimic wrinkles! Review by Dina
- Bought it for my 59 y.o. mom and tried it by chance over our weekend stay. Can't believe it removed all my mimic wrinkles around eyes in just two overnight sessions!!! Tried different stuff before that - incl PC's eye cream, Moist boost and Resist Serum (dark blue one) - nothing worked. Next time will buy the stuff for myself) (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Best product on the market Review by Colleen
- I love this stuff! All the products that we have used of Paula's have been great but this is outstanding. I have many dark spots on my face that have almost disappeared and so have any wrinkles I have. I am 63 years old and feel like my face has drastically changed the way I look. I use the Resist Intensive Wrinkle repair retinol serum every other day and within the first 3 days I was amazed. I used to sell Nerium but this kicks them in the butt! (Posted on 2/7/2018)