Why is it different?
This product has an optimal pH range of 3.5–3.9.
What does it do?
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Cetyl Alcohol (texture-enhancing), Butylene Glycol (hydration), Dimethicone (hydrations/texture enhancer), Polyacrylamide (texture-enhancing), PPG-14 Butyl Ether (texture-enhancing), Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12 (skin-restoring ingredient), Ceramide NG (skin replenishing), Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane (skin-soothing/antioxidants derived from curcumin), Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidant), Salicylic Acid (BHA exfoliant/skin-soothing), Disodium Lauriminodipropionate Tocopheryl Phosphates (vitamin e based antioxidant), PEG-10 Phytosterol, Cucumis Melo (Melon Fruit Extract (antioxidant), Bisabolol (skin-soothing), Allantoin (skin-soothing), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethiconol (hydrations/texture enhancers), Tribehenin (texture enhancer), Polysorbate 20 (texture-enhancing), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG-40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate (texture-enhancings), PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), C13-14 Isoparaffin (solvent), Laureth-7 (texture-enhancing), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin conditioning agent), Hexylene Glycol (solvent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
How To Use
Apply once or twice daily after cleansing and toning. Apply a dime-sized amount over the entire face, avoiding direct contact with eyes and lips. Do not rinse. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater.
When using your product for the first time, you may need to “prime” the dispenser. To prime, simply pump the dispenser slowly about 10-15 times. If the dispenser stops working at any time, simply repeat the "priming" step. Do not attempt to dismantle the package.
Sun Protection Advice When Using Any AHA Exfoliant: This product contains 5% glycolic acid, an ingredient that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and the possibility of sunburn. Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater every day. When outdoors, wear protective clothing whenever possible, seek shade, and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- Love this stuff! Review by Cindy A.
- I have been using this product for nearly a year and I love it! Please don't stop making this ever! I mix a tiny bit in with my moisturizer and it keeps my skin flawless! I have always had dull, sensitive skin and nothing worked without breaking me out. This keeps my pores clear and my skin just glows--that is the honest truth! I just love this product Paula, thank you so much!! (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Amazing product Review by Rosie S
- I've been using this nightly for about a month and a half now and I'm starting to see fantastic results. My hyper pigmentation from old acne has almost completely disappeared and my skin just glows! I've still got large pores and overall the texture of my skin isn't great, but it's slowly improving. Definitely be sure to leave plenty of time (20+ minutes) after the application of this product before you add moisturizer. (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- My favorite from the Resist line Review by Rachel D.
- This product makes my skin feel fresh and invigorated. When I run out of it I notice the difference and at this point it seems my skin craves it. I'm 39 and I don't use make up and get compliments on my skin which is directly related to this and some of Paula's other gems. My skin is fair (Irish) combination w/minor breakouts at times. When I follow a regimen of Paula's products I notice breakouts happen a lot less and I get the "glow". Thank you, Paula! (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Smooth skin! Review by Stacy S.
- I'm so happy I bought this! I've been using it for a little over a month now and there has been a noticeable improvement in my skin. My pores are smaller, my skin is softer and more even, and my fine lines are much better. For how well it works and the size, the price is a great value. I may switch between this and the 8% AHA, but this is definitely going to a product that I will repurchase and keep in my routine. Great product! (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Love!!! Review by Andrea L
- Wow! I love this and all of Paula's skincare!! It really smooths my skin and makes it so soft. I use the Resist cleanser, toner, antioxidant serum with retinol, moisturizer and Moisture Renewal Oil Booster. Works beautifully together! I recommend to everyone! What are you waiting for? Try Paula's Choice, it's the BEST!!! That's all I use now! I get so many compliments on my skin! Customer service is wonderful, helpful and knowledgeable! You really can't go wrong with PC! Thank you!!! (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Amazing! Review by Kristin C.
- I got amazing results with this within the first couple days of using. It made an obvious difference to my skin and it's so soft and smooth. I even think it's helping a little bit with my clogged pores. I've always used BHAs from Paula's Choice and they've done wonders for my skin, but I felt I needed an extra boost to make my skin radiant and this certainly accomplished that. (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- One of my favorite PC products Review by Melissa B
- I alternate this treatment with the BHA 2% with great results. It has a nice, almost creamy, serum texture. I enjoy applying it over my face (nightly) and absolutely LOVE the results in the morning. I wake up to much softer and more even skin, most noticeably on/around my nose, chin and cheeks. I battle blackheads in these areas and this product allows for a much smoother surface for applying foundation. A++! I've had pump issues in the past but CS always takes care of it! (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Beautiful bright skin! Review by Jenny
- I have dry, sensitive skin and use this daily before my night time moisturizer to help brighten my skin and exfoliant off the dry parts. It works beautifully and doesn't make my skin red or irritated at all. BHA is too drying on my face and the AHA works so well, I'm very happy with this. And it smells nice! This has replaced some pricier brightening serums that I've tried! (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Genius in a can Review by Mitzi
- I would take a bullet for this stuff. It leaves my skin so soft and clear, not just in the longterm, but right away. All the Paula's Choice AHA products have had a magical effect on my cheekbone/jawline acne, but this is the best. It brightens, it evens, it clears, it disappears immediately into my skin, it doesn't irritate at all despite how powerful it appears to be, and it doesn't create any pilling when I put tinted moisturizer over it. Lifesaver. (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Beat skun care product i have ever put on my face! Review by Dani
- I use this product every morning and night on freshly washed face. I won the resist product line from #ipsy , and all of the products in this line work wonders! I mean wonders!! I'm 32 years old and have uneven and Sun damaged skin and dull skin. This product alone has changed my skins appearance to fabulous 100%! It tingles my skin slightly when I first apply it but doesn't irrate it, basicly, this stuff makes my skin look flawless. (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- My only holy grail skincare product Review by Doctor
- I have fallen in love with this product, and I am a merciless skincare junkie who has gone through dozens of products. This one is absolutely perfect for my skin (41 year old male; slightly dry but with some oil, mainly on my nose; just starting to show signs of aging). It provides just the right amount of exfoliation (you can feel a gentle tingle; I hate weak exfoliators) and makes my skin smooth, even-toned, with a healthy glow, and best of all I am convinced that it firms my skin with repeated use (perhaps due to increasing collagen). It is lightweight, soaks into skin beautifully, has a pleasant light natural scent that disappears, and is not greasy at all. I will often follow it with a light moisturizer. Paula's Choice was out of stock for this product for months and I was freaking out that it was never coming back. You guys should NEVER stop making this! (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Excellent Review by kbennall
- I use this every day (sometimes twice) and it is really, really great. My skin responds well to AHA, so there's no stinging, and it really helps all my other skin products (serums, oils, moisturizers, acne treatments) sink in better. The first few days it made my skin shed (gross, I know) but not peel - it immediately looked brighter and glowier. If I go a few days without it, the difference is very noticeable. (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Love this AHA! Review by domino16
- I LOVE this AHA. It's the first AHA product I've used, and I happened on it by accident. I had a sample packet of it, and decided to give it a try one night and woke up with radiant, smooth skin! I immediately bought a full-size bottle and have recommended it several friends with good results. My skin is sensitive and this has never bothered it and it consistently smooths my skin. I've been using it for about three months and I have noticed improvements in my skin tone and less breakouts. The packaging is perfect, too, since it protects the ingredients from air and light and dispenses the right amount. (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Fantastic product! Review by Marley's Mom
- I have used PC products for years and have never bothered to write a review. I always read what others have to say about a product, good or bad while deciding on what to buy. I chose to take the time to write a review for this product because it is just outstanding and amazing. I have red hair, blue eyes, sun damaged skin and probably the most sensitive skin ever. I was apprehensive to use this because I was afraid it would sting or burn. I had no reactions to this product, that alone is a miracle in itself, but it has done an amazing job on creating a more even skin tone and my face looks so much brighter. I've already bought 2 extra bottles just to be safe so I never run out. Do yourself a favor and buy it. (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- Amazing moisturizer Review by Christine P
- I just wanted a non SPF moisturizer and I found it! I use this daily and it makes my skin so soft and very moisturized. It's not sticky at all, I hate sticky moisturizers. This leaves my skin smooth and feeling great. Paulas Choice products always say what they deliver in performance. Love this product (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- I saw the difference after 2 weeks Review by Stephanie
- I decided to give this a try to improve my enlarged pores on my nose and generally give my complexion a "lift". From the start I liked the color and scent of the product. I use it after cleansing and before moisturizing. I had recently scarred my self (laceration) and was feeling down about the color of the scar. Anyway, two weeks in and I can see and feel the difference. My skin tone is more even and the pores on my nose are smaller and look, well, cleaner. I will continue to use it on the scar - I'm not sure if it will fade it or even it out, but it isn't making it worse and because the rest of my skin has improved so much, the scar is starting to worry me less. I love this product and will continue to use it. (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- One of my "go-to" products Review by Jo
- I am a big fan of this product and use it every day after cleansing. I am very sensitive to retinols and don't use them - they are just too irritating. While this can't do the same as a retinol, it does help with exfoliate and cell turnover and keep my skin looking pretty good. It doesn't work miracles but it's a good, non-irritating product if you want chemical exfoliation and can't tolerate retinols. I've been using it for many years now. (Posted on 2/8/2018)
- This sure helps! Review by SKM
- I use this every other night in the winter and every night in the summer. This has made a huge difference in the brightness of my skin. Believe me......i have went up and down the aisles at high end department stores and drug stores looking for a good AHA. I bought one 5% and went back and bought 2 more!. At first i broke out in a couple bumps but the next time i used it my skin was flawless. Of course i use a non alcohol toner before i use it.....wish i would have found this years ago. Pores smaller and lines temporarily diminished. I love the great discount around the holidays and the generous samples. (Posted on 2/8/2018)