Why is it different?
IngredientsWater, Glycerin (skin-replenishing ingredient), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (gentle cleansing agent), Sodium PCA (skin-replenishing ingredient), Sodium Lactate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol (water-binding agents), Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Lactic Acid (water-binding agent), Allantoin (soothing agent), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-replenishing ingredient), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (texture enhancer), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (stabilizer), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (gentle cleansing agent), Xanthan Gum (texture enhancer), Triethanolamine (pH balancer), Carbomer (texture enhancer), Benzophenone-3 (stabilizer),Methylparaben, Propylparaben (preservatives).
How To UseWet face and apply a small amount of cleanser to your face and eye area with vigorous, yet gentle, circular motions. Rinse well. To remove heavy makeup, repeat or use with a clean, wet washcloth.
- Cool glass of water for my face Review by Denver
- Consistently, this is the most gentle, most truly non-irritating or sensitizing cleanser I have ever used. I am so relieved the full Hydralight line is back especially in time for warmer weather, and really put all my stock in Paula's company on the promise that this and the Moisture Boost line will stick around for the long haul, especially given all the recent changes. I have very sensitive combo skin that dries out at the drop of a hat but also congests easily. I am also prone to reactive breakouts that are redder and more inflamed when using something my skin dislikes, and this cleanser calms my face much better than any of the Calm line products. Finding a balance is a chore, but this is the only cleanser I have ever found that *really* doesn't bother my skin ever. It is cool and refreshing, especially when getting more sun at this time of year. It doesn't strip my skin, but also truly cleans it -- in the past, I have flip flopped between cleansers that claim to help with pores but dehydrate for the cost of clean, and dry skin formulas that feel soothing but do nothing for keeping pores gunk-free and smooth. This one is always the ticket. (Posted on 5/31/2018)
- Best Cleanser Ever Review by JayDee0712
- Please don't ever discontinue this cleanser! Seriously, the whole Hydralight line is a amazing. Everything about Hydralight is perfect for my combination, acne prone skin. My pores are smaller, the redness and irritation has subsided, and my breakouts are going away! (Posted on 5/31/2018)
- Fantastic cleanser! Review by Fran A
- Please never stop making this! This is my all time favourite cleanser! I have sensitive and normal to combination skin, that is dry in some areas and a tad oily in others. This cleanser is a perfect in-between, balance and not has harsh as the Skin Balancing version that I was told by customer service was for people with more oily-combination skin. The gel-like texture is moisturizing and my skin does not feel tight after washing. It's an added bonus that this cleanser also removes makeup efficiently and effectively! I love that it's a two step process in one. My skin feels clean, softer and smoother after using this product. I would definitely recommend it to those that have normal-combination, sensitive, skin. (Posted on 5/31/2018)
- Truly balancing for combination skin Review by PA
- Love this cleanser! It's soothing to my dryer cheek areas but balances my oily t-zone. I will repurchase again and again. Please do not stop making this product ever. (Posted on 5/31/2018)
- Thank You For Bringing This Back!! Best for Sensitive Skin! Review by Crystena
- I was running out of my stock pile that I purchased when I saw that this was being discontinued and just now saw it available realizing that it had been brought back. Thank you! I kept worrying what I would use when I finally run out. I have eczema on my face, sensitive-finicky skin besides the eczema, skin that is very prone to drying out from even mild cleansers, oily T-zone/inner cheeks (so combo skin), clogged pores on the nose/T-zone area. In my most sensitive irritable state, this cleanser will never irritate or dry out my skin even with vigorous and rinse and repeat cleansing. If my skin is flaring or irritable I always feel better after cleansing with this, cool water and a basic moisturizer. It's very soothing. I have a super weak skin barrier (especially with my eczema) so that even if I just rinse my skin even without cleansing my skin becomes dry and tight without a lot of moisturizer, so of course even some mild cleansers are too drying for me (like Simple Moisturizing Cleanser), but this makes my skin feel better, it softens and moistens my skin. I can only speak for myself but this is a HOLY GRAIL cleanser for me. It's soothing, it cleans it really well (I cleanse messaging well, rinse and repeat with it and use no other cleanser or make up remover and it removes my sunscreen and makeup), and it never irritates and it's super affordable. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for bringing it back!!! I love the brand and what you're about, I love how you have slight variations for all of us to find what exactly works for us. Thanks for listening to those of us that feel we NEED this product. It's hard finding sensitive skin friendly products ESPECIALLY cleansers which can be so harsh. Sensitive skin and dryness go hand in hand feeding each other and this is a double punch. (Posted on 5/31/2018)