Why is it different?
Aunique leave-on formula that’s gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even, radiant tone, plus visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles to reveal remarkably smoother, younger-looking skin. This exfoliant has an optimal pH range of 3.2–3.8.
What does it do?
Skin becomes dull, dry and congested when dead skin cells build up on its surface. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA, also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by helping it shed extra layers while unclogging and clearing pores.
IngredientsWater (Aqua), Methylpropanediol (hydration), Butylene Glycol (hydration), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Polysorbate 20 (stabilizer), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (green tea/skin calming/antioxidant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH balancer), Tetrasodium EDTA (stabilizer).
How To UseApply once or twice daily after cleansing and toning. Lightly soak a cotton pad and apply over the entire face, including the eye area (avoid the lower lash line and eyelids). Do not rinse. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 25 or greater.
- Amazing difference! Review by Agaphmou
- I found this product to be extremely easy to use.I used it at bedtime,and I noticed a difference from the first time I used it.My dry skin felt very soft even without the use of my nightime moisturizer.It cleansed my pores very effectively also,much better than my other exfolliants.My skin appears brighter than before.I plan to continue using this product.It emits no noticeable odor as well.It's amazing to animal lovers like myself to know that it's not tested on animals ever! (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- Love this - will replace my current salicylic acid toner! Review by meesh1029
- I used this product daily / every other day. I apply it after I cleanse my face. I have been using another salicylic acid toner for years, and this product could not be more different. My other toner was drying and burned my skin when I applied it - which I thought it was supposed to do. I now realize it is full of alcohol and menthol, which are irritants to my skin! Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid is moisturizing, doesn't burn, doesn't dry my skin. I LOVE IT, and will be replacing my old toner with this product as soon as my sample runs out (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- Produces superb results Review by Alexanna
- This has become one of my morning staples. I put Paula's Choice Vitamin C Booster on top of this and then finish with a light moisturizing sunscreen. It absorbs quickly, minimizes pores and fine lines and makes my skin glow. I never wear makeup and have always sought out products like this that produce high level results. My 28 year old daughter loves it too. (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- Another Fan Review by CD
Add me to the VERY long list of people who are obsessed with this product.
I was really hesitant to try this. In my early 20s I got hives from hairline to sternum after trying Proactiv and ever since then I've basically run screaming from anything claiming to be "skin clearing". Fast forward 10 years, my skin was ok but I started to toy with the idea of some anti-aging products. I got talked into trying R&F, which gave me the worst acne of my life. At this point, feeling a bit desperate, I hid in the house and spent hours scouring the internet to find the best options for my face. Enter Paula's Choice.
Having fallen totally in love with this brand and everything it represents, I was well on my way to the skin I wanted but still struggling with clogged pores and redness. Emboldened by a deep dive into user reviews and social media hashtags, I finally got brave enough to order the travel size bottle. It was, quite literally, an overnight success. My face was lighter, brighter, smoother, and comfortable!
Yes, the texture is unique. I'm perfectly happy to hop into bed like a greased pig. If you're not, I get it and this might not be your go-to. Only put this stuff where you need it. Moisturize well if you tend to get dry. But at least give it a shot. (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- So glad I found this product Review by Lucy
- I am so glad I found this product and Paula's Choice in general. I've been using this product for about 2 weeks and I'm really noticing a difference. My skin looks less oily, and I just can't believe how it's reduced my pores. My skin looks even toned and smooth for the first time in my life. (I'm 30 and just starting to get serious about skin care). Maybe once or twice the product has stung a bit when my skin is more sensitive, but it goes away soon and doesn't bother me that much. (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- A must have!!! Review by Nickyna
- I have a combination sensitive skin with rosacea and breakouts. It's very complicated to find great skin care products because usually products that are good for my breakouts are bad for my sensitive skin. However, this product completely changed the overall appearance of my skin without irritating it by using it every other day. I will no longer live without this 2% liquid BHA :) You really have to try this don't hesitate! My skin is more soft and smooth thanks to it. Also, my breakouts are now located only on my chin no longer elsewhere on my face and I tend to think that it's thanks to this product. I use it every other day because I feel that if I use it every day it can make my skin a little more red. (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- I would buy this product again Review by Cath
- I only use the product where I have post acne marks (my chin). The first week that I started the product my chin became to breakout horribly. I had painful cyst on my chin for a couple of days. 3 weeks after I started using this product, I realized that my red marks was paler than before! I am now pimple free on my chin and my acne scars are slowly dissapearing! I am very happy of the results and I would buy it again and again, very impress! (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- One of two skin care products I CANNOT do without! Review by Just My Truth
- I have a ridiculous relationship with my skin. I have acne scars, breakouts, large pores, uneven skin tone, and thanks to growing up on the beach without sunscreen, now wrinkles. I have tried and tested so many different products and combinations over the years, and I can honestly say that since I purchased this when it first came out around a year ago, I have made sure I never run out. This controls my acne, shrinks my pores, and the wrinkles have completely smoothed out. It also doesn't irritate my skin, oh yea I forgot to mention, I also have extremely sensitive skin. I use cetaphil to wash my face, and I don't even need a toner with this product. I ran out while I was in France for 2 months, and after four days my skin broke out and looked uneven. I filled the 3/4 empty bottle with water, and it was enough to stabilize my skin, further proving how amazing this product is. Along with my Vitamin C serum I use, I cannot go without this product. (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- Amazing Review by Julia
I had been trying every scrubby exfoliating product to get rid of white bumps on my face. I am very sensitive to smells and irritants. This stuff is magic. It worked instantly and my skin has never been better. In fact my husband noticed I was "glowing". I have started using all of PC products because I know they won't smell or irritate my skin.
I use the BHA liquid every other day now as part of my skincare routine. (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- I cannot live without this 2% BHA Liquid Review by kathinthegarden
Ok. A bit of an exaggeration but this stuff rocks!! The only way for women in their 50's & older to improve their skin is to gently exfoliate with acids and products like this one. This works! I get a lot of good but gentle weekly peeling (I use the product mostly twice a day) and no issues. Note: I do not have sensitive skin.
My skin is clearer, plumper & more hydrated than ever and I am a complete skin care nut. I've tried a ton of products, both high priced and drugstore, and this stuff is liquid fountain of youth. Add it to your skincare routine and you won't be sorry. (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- Get Results Review by Renee
- This exfoliant has done an amazing job of clearing up the hard to get blackheads on my nose. I have used many clay masks and specific products for blackhead removal and nothing has worked deep down like this product (including the $50 Murad blackhead treatment I have). My biore charcoal strips don't even work as good as this exfoliant does! Don't get me wrong the biore stips work, but I have these deep down small blackheads that I just cannot get, not even with those extracting tools. This exfoliant is working on those b******s! They are disappearing slowing and my pores are looking smaller and smaller day by day. Very pleased and truly believe that if you have the same problem - you need this product! I consider it one of my holy grail products and I don't feel that way about many skincare products. Just started using Paula's Choice just over a month ago and have been nothing but 100% impressed with everything I have purchased and used. Thank you, Paula! (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- Saved my Skin Review by Danielle
- I am 23 & had never experienced any kind of acne until summer last year when I started to get little white bumps along my forehead which in time spread to my cheeks and chin. I tried switching my make up and spending hundreds on skin care products. I came across this while googling what to do for the 30th time and my life has not been the same since. ❤️❤️❤️ I cannot thank that reviewer enough. I recommend this to anyone struggling with clogged pores or bumpy skin. I use the resist cleanser, this & follow up with the resist moisturizer and my skin is almost all cleared up!!!! It starts working within the first week but it did take almost two months to really make a huge difference. I am on holidays right now and I forgot my bottle at home and my face is starting to act up again so the only downside is I think you need to CONTINUALLY use this product but for something that works this amazing.... It's easy enough!! I love you Paulas Choice! Thank you for giving me my confidence back (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- wowowowow! Review by C-Dubbs
- !!!! My skin is at its best since I started using this every morning. I have very fair skin and I've struggled with acne since age 9 or 10 which left bright red marks all over my cheeks. When I found this I was so desperate; nothing worked and I started seeing a dermatologist for my acne. After the worst of the acne cleared up this exfoliant lifted the hyper-pigmentation and smoothed the texture of my whole face. My skin looks brighter and I don't have to manually exfoliate as often because this stuff just sloughs off all the dead skin. The only caveat is that *this won't clear acne*!! This did nothing for any acne BUT post-pimple red marks fad faster than I ever thought possible and even the darkest spots are slowly fading. It takes time to see results with this product but it's worth the wait. Consistent application and patience is key. This stuff is so great; this is the only review I'll ever write about a product. I feel sappy writing this but after 10 years of hormonal acne and perpetual hyper-pigmentation I never thought my skin would ever look and feel this good. (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- Can't believe the changes on my skin in just a day Review by Jpya
- I got interested with this product after reading all of the good reviews. Yesterday is my first day, and when I woke up earlier in the morning, I was so happy to see the results in just a day, my redness go away, my skin is so smooth, and most of my pimples and big pimples on my jawline calm down and more. I wish that it will get better and better as the day goes by with no problems. I can't believe the changes on my skin in just 1 day of using it. And if I won't get any problem for a month, and if my skin will clear and improve I will really buy again. (Posted on 2/6/2018)
- This is magic!!! Review by Evelyn
- I have been breaking out for as long as I can remember...I tried every product I could get my hands on. I've even used prescribed Differin and that worked, BUT this is soooo much better! No redness, no flakiness from dry spots AND CLEAR SKIN!!! This BHA Exfoliant and PC Blemish Treatment is all I need now. I have the best skin ever. My skin has never been this clear. I'm slowly, but surely stocking up on PC products. I'm definitely a fan. I recommend it to everyone that crosses paths with me! lol Paula's Choice has the best products out there at reasonable prices. Worth every penny. (Posted on 2/5/2018)
- Sensitive & loving this BHA so far Review by Becky
- I've used Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid every other night with no irritation so far--received my order a few days ago so will update if a problem occurs. I read a complaint that this product was greasy, didn't make sense but to my surprise it did feel a bit moist or 'greasy' after I applied it and my PM moisturizer--within minutes it all penetrated, leaving my skin soft & supple. Two nights later I waited for the BHA to penetrate, feel asleep so no PM moisturizer--for some people it may be enough without PM moisturizer. I am sensitive but this BHA has been great so far. I'm actually Normal-Dry BUT can be a bit Combo during Ky summer humid weather and when in Florida. Regardless of the climate I've always had to use a cleanser for dry sensitive skin, otherwise I'm left taut and feeling irritated. For years now I've used PC Skin Recovery Cleanser, also the SR Toner. Although sensitive I still need a BHA. This 2% liquid formula has proved gentle for my skin with an every other night PM application. (Posted on 2/5/2018)
- I would buy this product again....and again Review by Bryce
- I have been using Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liguid for a month. My skin looks much younger and wrinkles are less noticeable. I combine this with Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum or Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum during warm months. In late fall through early spring I combine it with Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer. I am in my mid 70s. Wrinkles are a reality, but Paula's products minimizes their appearance. I have used Paula's line for 40 years. They are the first thing I pack when traveling. Beautypedia is my Bible for cosmetics. Thank you, Paula and staff, for your help through the years. My beauty secrets: wash your face again in the afternoon and reapply lotions and cosmetics, drink several glasses of water daily, and fruits and vegetables are your friends. (Posted on 2/5/2018)
- Try it Review by K
- I've been using nightly after washing and before moisturizing for less than a month. I have noticed a major improvement. Pores are less congested with a smoother softer texture, especially my problem perioral/chin area. I have tried several products over the years, often too harsh causing drying, more breakouts, and frustration. Somehow, this exfoliates without causing dryness or irritation! I found this by online searching products to use for aging, sensitive, and breakout prone skin. I spend much less time applying makeup and stressing about my complexion these days. If this sounds like you, try it! (Posted on 2/5/2018)
- Effective and not too drying Review by Suze
- I received this in a gifts for Christmas and I could not have more positive things to say about this! It's simply amazing, I have sensitive skin and a mild to moderate amount of breakouts as an adult. I use this product on my cheeks and chin where I usually will have the breakouts. Skin I have started using it i have noticed a drastic change in the texture and tone of my skin. I no longer have red spots and the discoloration is far less severe, I also don't breakout nearly as much if at all anymore. Bottom line: If you have troubled skin BUY this product and give it a try! It worked marvelously for me and when I run out I intend on buying more. (Posted on 2/5/2018)
- One night Review by AJW
- Ok, I've been reading for so long about this product, so I finally ordered a trial size. (I've totally given up on products; they never work and I'm tired of spending money.) I used it last night- one time only. This morning there is a noticeable difference; pores are smaller, red marks are fading, I didn't feel greasy this morning from overnight oil production. One. Night. I wasn't going to try it under makeup today but I couldn't resist experimenting on how it will make my makeup last (so far so good-4 hours and no grease) and what my skin might look like when I wash my foundation off tonight. This is pretty exciting. (Posted on 2/5/2018)