Why is it different?
IngredientsWater (Aqua), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 20, Adenosine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oleth-10, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.
How To UseAfter cleansing, apply toner to a cotton pad and gently stroke over face and neck. Do not rinse. Follow with the rest of your morning or evening skincare routine. For daytime, finish with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 25 or greater.
- LOOK NO FURTHER Review by Karen
- I refuse to use another toner after finishing an entire bottle of the Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Toner. This toner is great because it removes every trace of oil or make up residue without drying the skin. It's a great product to ensure that the pores are clean and helps other skin care products work a lot more effectively! I use it before using the Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid and the combination has improved my skin complexion immensely! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- great "starter" toner! Review by Madeleine
- Before I started using PC products I was used to so-called toners that left my face feeling dry and tight, and though I didn't know it at the time, left my skin irritated and did more harm than good. I associated the feeling with being clean. This ended up not being the perfect toner for my face, but only because I have different needs (so it still gets 5-stars!). BUT I would have HATED going directly to a toner with a milkier texture. This toner is nice and light and actually helped my skin. It provides light moisture. If you are new to toners and don't know where to start, I would recommend trying this first as a transition. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- HOLY GRAIL skincare item Review by Laure
- If you are reading this review, don't even think about it and add it to your shopping cart. I have use the Paula bha exfoliants with success, but it was not until I started using this twice a day that I got the complexion I dreamed of! It gave me dramatic results and a must in my routine. I apply this after I cleanse, follow with my bha exfocleanseand finish with pure aloe from my fridge. It has not dried out my skin. My skin no longer feels oily just after a short period of time either! It really normalizes your skin! I can't rave enough about this! Best of all, it is affordable and the bottle is large! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Very good...suprised Review by AshXusn
- Very good toner for the day. With combination skin needing balance, this toner was not drying and balanced out moisture. It felt very good against my skin, especially in this humid summer days. Used only 3 times so far since I just received the product. Can't what to see wait to see what it does in 30 days. Definitely not a oil slick by the end of the day, which is great. At night though, will use the other toner that I have, which is the Resist Advanced Replenishing toner with the 1% Clinical retinol. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Love this toner Review by Lyro
- Got this with the advanced skin balancing line. I love this toner. I I use it after cleansing and notice it cleans away any left over dirt/ makeup. Leaves my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. I love all the antioxidants that are in this toner. I always use this after cleasing am and pm. Just repurchased my second bottle! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Love This Review by Lindsay
- I really love this product! I have never been a fan of toner's as they've always stripped my skin and done the opposite of what the claim. This product is great at removing any extra oil or make up that my face wash misses. My skin feels SO clean after using, but not tight or red and irritated. I think this product along with the liquid 2% BHA is doing wonders at unclogging my pores that have been clogged for sooo long. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Wonderful. Review by OliviaG.
- If this toner gets discontinued I'll cry. I really liked using this toner in combination with the old but great hydralight toner but since hydralight is no longer available this became my twice a day toner. I really love it! I have oily acne prone skin that easily gets dehydrated but this keeps my skin water drenched and hydrated. My skin is plumped and ready for the day. Seriously, please don't discontinue especially because the calm line doesn't compare to the old hydralight or the skin balancing line! The toner is soothing and never breaks me out! Plus, finding a toner with ceramides is rare too. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- My Hydralight Replacement!! Review by OliviaG.
- I love this product and I hope to God they won't replace it!! Ever since they got rid of my trusty Hydralight toner I have been using skin balancing both morning and night. It doesn't sting or break me out. It's a must in my skin care routine. I have no idea what I would use if they discontinued it!! Plus this toner is way better then the calm line toner which is drying and irritating. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Finally a Toner for my Skin Review by Katie Z.
- I had tried several toners, including PC's hydralight and Resist but this skin balancing is just the right one for my skin. I shouldn't say the rest are not good, it's just that it's formulated for different skin types and conditions. Everyone's skin is different and oil control has always been an issue for me. I started off with the Resist line and it was way too much for my skin though I do love the anti-aging properties within despite the price tag. Hydralight toner works well for me but it had a smell plus it does stinks a bit. 'Cos of it's discontinuation, I made a decision to try this and it's sooooooo much better. Cleans well, scent free and most importantly it serves a good base for exfoliation. Oiliness is in much better control and I rarely had breakouts now compared to last time. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- It Actually Made My Pores Appear Smaller! Review by For The Love Of Skin
- This is my second time using this toner. The first time was when Hydralight toner was discontinued and I needed an alternative. I wasn't impressed the first time, so I moved on to the Resist lightweight toner and didn't like that one, my pores were huge. I came back to Skin Balancing and within 3 uses, my pores are looking about 50% smaller. Mind you, I am also using C15 Booster with Vitamin C, E and Ferulic Acid, Resist AHA 10% Weekly Treatment, 2% BHA Liquid, and Clinical 1% Retinol...I'm sure those help as well. However, I was already using those other products before starting back on Skin Balancing toner. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- It really does balance my skin Review by Lisa
- I'm 35 and have oily break out prone skin. Within a couple hours of arriving to work in the morning my face would be super oily. I'd have to blot at least 3 times during an 8 hour work day and have always been very conscious of it, boo! But..not anymore! I've been using the skin balancing toner for about a month now and the results were immediate. My skin texture changed very noticeably. The larger pores on my face have shrunken and the oiliness has been significantly reduced! I don't even think about it anymore! I only blot once a day. It's worth mentioning that I started using Paula's Choice skin balancing spf at the same time. These 2 products work really well to keep my skin in check during the day under my makeup. (I also use Clear extra strength bha to prevent acne, another must have). I've been using PC products for years and I feel like I finally found the combination that's perfect for my skin. And the right makeup thanks to her awesome reviews. Hope this is helpful! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Will repurchase forever--have been for 4 years Review by Jazzsamba
- I will repurchase this forever. Please never stop making it. I started struggling with clogged pores when I was 24 and eventually stopped having the problem within a week of starting to use this product. I think it is important to use a toner like this on a cotton pad to make sure every last trace of your cleanser, makeup, sunscreen, etc. is washed off (especially behind the ears, around the hairline, and other harder-to-rinse areas) and your face is totally clean before bed. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Great for dry skin, "summer oily" T Zone area Review by Izzy
- I have dry skin, especially in Canada's winter months, but in summer humid heat, my face tends to get oily in my T zone. I love that this helps to stop acne in my nose and chin area. After cleaning with Resist, I use this toner and get a "squeaky clean" canvas for my foundation and cover up, knowing it won't slide off. Depending on the weather, I have Skin Recovery for dry heat, and in winter months, I switch up between Resist toner and skin recovery. Awesome product! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Must Have for Large Pores and Oily Skin Review by JennaAZ
- This toner is a must-have in my routine and I have tried dozens and dozens over my lifetime. I have oily skin and enlarged pores, but also some anti-aging concerns as well. This toner is gentle and hydrating while also leaving me feeling oil-free and refreshed. I tried stopping it and using another toner and within a week my face was out-of-control oily by mid-day and my pores were more noticeable. I highly recommend! (Posted on 2/7/2018)