Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomile/skin-soothing), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (hydration), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (green tea/antioxidant/skin-soothing), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin replenishing), Panthenol (hydration), Sodium PCA (skin replenishing), Propylene Glycol (hydration), Butylene Glycol (hydration), Hydroxyethylcellulose (texture-enhancing), Polyquaternium-10 (texture-enhancing), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Sodium Benzoate (preservative).
How To Use
Apply once or twice daily after cleansing and toning. Apply a dime-sized amount over the entire face, avoiding direct contact with eyes and lips. Do not rinse. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater.
Sun Protection Advice When Using Any AHA Exfoliant: This product contains 8% glycolic acid, an ingredient that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and the possibility of sunburn. Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater every day. When outdoors, wear protective clothing whenever possible, seek shade, and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- Liquid GOLD Review by lynnie
- I have tried and use MANY Paula's Choice products and absolutely love this skin care line, but the 8% AHA is my holy grail!!!!! As long as PC does not reformulate or stop selling this amazing product, I will continue to purchase it forever!!!! I have scarred pores and seborrheic dermatitis and this is the ONLY product that makes and keeps my skin looking this smooth, soft, even and healthy!!!! Best skin care product ever and I have tried about a million of them at all different price points!!!!! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Amazing stuff Review by cville
- This is truly amazing treatment for skin. Mine looks so much better. It is smoother, more even, pores smaller, brighter, younger looking, radiant. I could go on and on. I like to use it with the BHA.Give it a moment to absorb before applying anything else...If you have most any skin issues, or if you don't, you'll see an improvement. Is a MUST TRY! Is rare for me to rate a product 5. This one made it easy to do. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Awesome Review by Jen
- I had good results from AHA products in my 30's and 40's, but since I started using Paula's products, I've been using the 1% retinol treatment every night. Definitely saw some improvement, but it was slow to happen. I bought this to use in the morning, and after one week, the results are very noticeable. I'm thinking maybe AHA's work better on my skin than retinol. My skin is much smoother, sunspots faded, fine lines almost gone. I'm also using it on my arms and hands. Great stuff, and a little goes a long way. Sinks in fast, hardly have to wait to apply makeup. Definitely going to keep using this! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Wonderful Product Review by AmherstWolf
- I use this product every evening as part of my daily routine. It is very soothing on my dry, sensitive skin. While my skin overall is dry, I do have blackheads on my nose and chin area and this product is the first one I have used that actually WORKS. This product gently exfoliates and has greatly improved my skin's texture and appearance. I use this product in the PM and the Skin Perfecting 2% BHA liquid in the morning. Highly recommend! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Game changer! Review by NatalieIsGettingOlder
- This is the first Paula's product I decided to try after much research and reading. I have to say I consider myself a skeptic and not only is this product amazing, but this whole website. You aren't forced to buy their products because they discuss ingredients in general. I'm just realizing I need a skin care routine, I've been slowly adding things, but was frustrated with my skin texture and pores. This honestly made a difference after one day! I've been using it for a little over a month now, and the results are beautiful!! I no longer have weird bumps and dry skin in places, and my skin tone is looking great. As long as I moisturize my pores really are appearing to look reduced. I'm so happy, if you are on the fence, try it! Get a sample first! If you think your skin is too sensitive get the lower percentage gel. I will note, some days I skip if my face is appearing dry, on those days I using a manual exfoliation to get up the dead skin and moisturize. It works wonders. Thank you so much to Paula and her team!! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- fantastic Review by JudyA
- I bought this when my Resist daily smoothing treatment with 5% AHA was out of stock and I was told that the 8% AHA gel was the only substitute that could be offered. Wow! I couldn't believe the difference the next morning. It really is clearing the small dots of discoloration (from old break-outs) and clearing the blackheads on my nose area. I also had tiny whiteheads in the crease of my chin, below my lips, which have been there forever and this gel is clearing them out. I love this stuff and have permanently switched. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- This stuff is AMAZING! Review by Kaiden's Mom
- I am 45 years old and recently started using Skin Perfecting 2% BHA liquid daily. I noticed a difference after about 1 week of use. Since the result were so great with that, I decided to add the 8% AHA gel to my regimen. I noticed a difference in 2 days! My skin is smoother and my dark spots are starting to fade after 1 week of use. I love these two products and will continue to use both of them together. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Smoothing Review by She236
- I was using the 2% BHA but I switched to this. Great move. At first I could only use this every other day because it made my skin peel a little. Gradually, I got to using it every night and that's where I'm going to stay. I'm 66 and this makes my skin feel like glass. I haven't changed anything else in my routine; so, it has to be this. Amazing! I've started putting it on the backs of hands at night and it's helping there, too. Can't recommend this more highly. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Love this Review by KO
- I started using this over a month ago, twice a day. I put it over my BHA. It tingles a bit when you put it on. Gets tacky, then dries down. I think this has majorly normalized my skin and smoothed the heck out of it. I have real complicated skin - clogged pores, dry, but yet super oily as well! fun stuff. I think this product has helped smooth my skin, my skin has never been this smooth ever. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Holy Grail Product Review by Lisa
- I have been using Paula's choice exclusively for a couple years now and it has improved my oily, acne prone skin significantly. I have always used the 2% BHA liquid because of my skin type but have recently started incorporating this AHA gel into my routine and it has made a world of difference. While the BHA cleared up my acne, the AHA has helped to take my skin to the next level in terms of improving texture and evening out my skin tone. My pores are smaller and any bumps that the BHA didn't take care of are certainly addressed by this product. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- So glad I came back Review by Jack
- I used Paula's choice products for many years, but took a break after my skin became really sensitive and I had a reaction to a bha product. I've been trying to do the 'natural' thing for over 2 years and have been failing at dealing very well with the flaky dry patches on my face. Nothing worked. I ordered this product after reading the reviews and... it sounds far fetched, but I am honest in saying that my skin texture improved overnight. The flakiness is gone and I have this awesome smooth skin surface. As for the natural thing I was trying to do, I still do that for some of products, but Paula meets my needs for nothing extra added (like fragrance) and the science to back up the claims and be an effective product. I'm back baby! (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Great product for sensitive skin prone to dryness Review by CShannon
I have tried most of Paula's Choice BHA exfoliants in all of the varying formulas, and all were too harsh for my skin, which is sensitive and on the drier side. I thought I'd give AHA exfoliant a go, and this one really works. The gel formula did not cause me any dryness or breakouts, and it is effective at improving skin texture.
And thank you, Paula's Choice, for the variety of quality products and the generous exchange policy that allows people to try products until they find what works best for them. (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Serious game-changer Review by Tammy
- I've been using this product for over a year now, yet I've yet to wake up in the morning and not be amazed at how bright and smooth my skin is!! I stockpile this as I don't ever want to be without! ;) (Posted on 2/7/2018)
- Holy Grail Review by lovepink
- I initially had the sample of this product and had to get the full size. I've been using this for two months now and combined with the other PC products I've been using- my skin has never looked better. Only started using PC skincare about 6 months ago and I wish I started using this line sooner!! (Posted on 2/7/2018)